The mission of the Caltech Counseling Center is to promote the mental health of Caltech students in order to improve the quality of their lives and aid them in achieving academic success.
- Individual psychotherapy
- Couples therapy and counseling
- Substance abuse counseling, referrals, and drop-in hours
- Self-exploration, support, and theme-focused short-term group sessions
- Education and training
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication
- Crisis intervention
- Emergency care
Resources about depression and suicide:
- General information about depression and suicide
- Flash presentation on Caltech's safety net
- Downloadable PDF on suicide prevention
- Between Friends - Conversations that Can Save a Life
- Faculty / staff guide to helping a distressed student
Regular hours of service:
8:00 a.m. to noon and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
For emergency, noontime, and weekend response, call campus security at (626) 395-4701 and ask to have the on-call psychologist paged. The on-call psychologist is a member of the Caltech counseling center staff.
Contact the Counseling Center at (626) 395-8331 to schedule an appointment. You can also set up an appointment in person; just come to room 40 in the Health and Counseling Center. We're at 1239 Arden Road just south of campus. It is important that you let the receptionist know if you feel that you need to be seen immediately.
If you have any feedback about services you recieved at the Counseling Center please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org