About Counseling Services
Contact the Counseling Center at (626) 395-8331 or stop by the front office (room 40) to schedule an appointment.
Your initial visit will be scheduled within 1-3 days; this meeting will be 25-30 minutes in length and is designed to address any immediate concerns, learn more about your needs for services, and screen for any safety concerns. Click here to learn about What to Expect at Your First Visit.
If you are experiencing a crisis or feel the need to be seen on an urgent (same-day) basis, please inform the receptionist immediately.
Regular hours of service:
Monday through Friday:
8:00a.m. - 12:00p.m. and 1:00p.m. to 5:00p.m.
Extended hours on Monday and Wednesday nights: the Counseling Center is open until 7pm.
After-hours crisis services (for issues that cannot wait until the next business day):
For emergency, noontime, and weekend response, call campus security at (626) 395-4701 and ask to have the on-call clinician paged.
The mission of the Caltech Counseling Center is to promote the mental health of Caltech students in order to improve the quality of their lives and aid them in achieving academic success.
- Individual psychotherapy
- Couples therapy and counseling
- Substance abuse consultation and referral
- Self-exploration, support, and theme-focused short-term group sessions
- Education and training
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication
- Crisis intervention
- Emergency care
Resources about depression and suicide:
- General information about depression and suicide
- Flash presentation on Caltech's safety net
- Downloadable PDF on suicide prevention
- Between Friends - Conversations that Can Save a Life
- Faculty / staff guide to helping a distressed student
If you have any feedback about services you recieved at the Counseling Center please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org